8 Essential Summer DIYs
Summer is finally here and not only is it the perfect time to slow down and enjoy spending time with family or catch up on reading, it's also time to amp up with all the fun activities and adventures to be had outdoors!
Soaking in the sunny days can feel like utter bliss, but we've got 8 must-have DIY essential oil recipes to enhance your summer plans so you can make the most out of the hottest season of the year (plus, they're so easy to do, even the kids can help)!1) DIY Skin Serum for Sensitive Skin
Being out in the sun too long can be harsh on your skin. Moisturizing is key to maintaining a healthy looking glow, and for those with sensitive skin, a gentle face serum with Helichrysum can make all the difference!
- 4 Tbsp carrier oil (grapeseed, jojoba, almond, avocado or sunflower oil work great)
- 10 drops Helichrysum essential oil
- Combine carrier oil and Helichrysum essential oil and pour into a small storage container. We suggest an amber glass dropper bottle for easy application.
- After cleansing and toning face, apply 2-3 drops of serum to face.
- Gently massage into skin.
2) DIY Car Diffuser
Hitting the road for a weekend getaway or cross-country road trip? Keep your car fresh and uplift your mood with these essential oil-infused clothespin diffusers! Just add a few drops of your favourite essential oils to a wood clothespin. Clip on to your vehicle's air vent and enjoy! Citrus Fresh or Lemon essential oils are bright scents that help keep you alert and fresh on those long drives.
3) DIY Freshening Spray
Looking for a natural air freshener and linen spray? Try the below recipe and spritz in your car, or any room in your house to brighten and refresh for summer!
- 1.5 cups distilled water
- 6 Tbsp rubbing alcohol
- 15 drops Lemon essential oil
- 15 drops Lavender essential oil
- Spray bottle
- Mix essential oils and rubbing alcohol in a glass. Add distilled water.
- Pour into the spray bottle. Shake well before each use.
Read the full article from Young Living.
See more from Young Living.
SOURCE: Young Living. (2017, July 08). 8 Essential Summer DIYs. Retrieved from https://www.youngliving.com/blog/canada/8-essential-summer-diys