Stop Eye Shadow Creasing in 3 Easy Steps
Do you know that moment, around 3:00 pm, when you catch a glimpse of your reflection and realize the eye shadow you spent extra time on that morning melted, faded or creased. We've all had that moment! Luckily, with experience comes wisdom, and we have a three-step process to help you stop eye shadow creasing.
1. Conceal (with Foundation)First, start by concealing your under-eyes. This will ensure your makeup look is the main focus, not under-eye puffiness or dark circles. Here's the trick, apply PurePressed Base or Amazing Base to your face and under-eye area before you pick-up your concealer.
'Why?' you may ask. Well, our multi-tasking powder foundations are 4-in-1 products. They're of course a foundation, but they also contain broad spectrum SPF protection, have skincare benefits and, yes, work as a concealer. Whether you prefer using pressed or loose powder, you will be able to get a good start at disguising dark circles. Therefore, you can use less concealer, avoiding the risk of it creasing underneath your eyes.
When you do apply concealer, less is more. Also, apply it after you finish your eye makeup to clean-up any potential fall-out from your eye shadow. Here's a quick refresher to help you choose an under-eye concealer:
- For a concealer that reduces puffiness as it covers try Active Light Under-Eye Concealer.
- For a concealer that hydrates and offers customizable coverage try Circle\Delete Concealer.
- For very dark circles try Enlighten Concealer.
2. PrimeOnce you've prepped under your eyes with foundation, swipe on some Smooth Affair for Eyes to prime your eyelids. This product not only gives a sheer wash of color, but it also helps powder eye shadows stay all day. Priming also helps stop eye shadow creasing, smudging or caking throughout the day. As an added bonus, our eyelid primers also minimize the appearance of eyelid texture (ahem, fine lines and wrinkles), making your eyelids the perfect canvas for any eye shadow look.
Read the 3rd step in the full article from jane iredale.
See more from jane iredale.
SOURCE: Emma. (2017, November 27). The Good Glow Makeup Blog. 3 Steps to Stop Eye Shadow Creasing. Retrieved from https://janeiredale.com/us/en/makeup-blog/stop-eye-shadow-creasing-3-steps/