5 Natural Remedies for Headaches
Pulse. Twinge. Throb.
Who has the time to get bogged down with a headache? Certainly, not you, but they happen to the best of us. It doesn't matter if you're feeling the pains of a common headache the symptoms (no matter the severity) can easily keep you from feeling your best.
Before you reach for over-the-counter medicines, or simply suffer through the pain, think again.
Headache remedies can be natural and safe, and we've got a few things you can try at home to relieve your discomfort and get on with your day.
1. Lavender, Spearmint and Eucalyptus Massage
A body massage can reduce the physical tension that may be the cause of your headaches in the first place. Create a simple homemade massage oil with the headache-busting trio of Lavender, Spearmint and Eucalyptus Globulus essential oils. This powerful combination of oils can be one of the most pleasant, natural remedies for a headache that you'll ever try. Grab your spouse, a close family member or a good friend to do the massaging for you so you can completely relax!
- Combine 2 teaspoons of fractionated coconut oil with 1 - 2 drops each of Lavender, Spearmint and Eucalyptus Globulus essential oils in a small bowl.
- Gently stir the ingredients with a spoon until well-mixed.
- Massage the mixture onto the skin, focusing on areas where your headache is. Don't forget to massage other tense areas that may be contributing to your headaches, including the neck, shoulders, upper back and pectoral muscles.
2. Soothing Essential Oil Steam Session
If you don't have an extra set of hands around to take advantage of the massage, inhaling steam from essential oil-infused hot water can be the next best thing to ease your headache symptoms.
To relieve your head pain, try creating your own essential oil steam session:
- Warm a small pot of water on the stove until it begins to steam.
- Remove from heat. Allow the water to sit for a few minutes before testing the temperature of the steam to ensure that it isn't too hot.
- Add 1-2 drops each of the following oils (in any combination) to the steaming water: Angelica, Clary Sage, Marjoram, Bergamot and Black Pepper.
- Lean over the pot in a comfortable seated or standing position.
- Breathing deeply, inhale the steam for up to ten minutes.
This soothing headache remedy can be easily completed at home up to three times daily.
Read the full article from Young Living.
See more from Young Living.
SOURCE: Young Living. 2018, May 30. 5 Natural Remedies for Headaches. Retrieved from https://www.youngliving.com/blog/canada/5-natural-remedies-for-headaches/