12 essential oil tips for a relaxed pregnancy
Pregnancy has its perks including people showering you with praise, like 'You're glowing! and That baby bump is beautiful! But sometimes carrying a bun in the oven can be exhausting. Ditch the stress, find ways to relax, and bring on the excitement, because in nine months or less, your little one will arrive!Relieve tension. Your pregnant body can experience aches and pains. Treat yourself to a prenatal massage or foot rub with our Relaxation Massage Oil. Your body will thank you for it!
- Drink up. Remember: You're hydrating for two now. Savor the flavor of minty-fresh water with a drop of Peppermint Vitality' essential oil. If you're in the mood for a taste of citrus, try a drop of Lemon Vitality essential oil!*
- Satisfy your taste buds. Sometimes you crave the oddest foods. Treat your taste buds with a healthy snack like our DIY no-bake energy balls.* You can't go wrong with a burst of tangerine and chocolate yum!
- Refresh your senses. Strong odors can cause terrible nausea during pregnancy. We recommend keeping your favorite essential oil in your purse. When you come across a bad smell, pop out your favorite essential oil maybe Spearmint or Eucalyptus Globulus; take a sniff and slowly breathe in and out.
- Get some sleep. Uncomfortable positions, multiple trips to the restroom, and restless thoughts make pregnancy more exhausting. Try some light stretching before bed and diffuse Peace & Calming for a nighttime routine.
- Prepare early. Avoid the last-minute stress of getting everything baby-ready. Start early and move at an easy pace in the weeks leading up to delivery by washing some clothes, tidying up the nursery, and prepping meals so you can enjoy the last few days before the baby arrives!
- Talk it through. You're going to have a ton of questions about your pregnancy and what to do after your baby arrives. No need to worry; just talk about it. Sit down with your health care practitioner, your mom, or your partner and get all your fears out in the open. Remember: It's normal to have pre-baby jitters, but you'll do great!
- Pamper your skin. Pregnancy hormones can cause breakouts. Use our DIY face mask for a fresh, clean face. Kick back, listen to relaxing music, and let our products do the work!
- Find your center. Clear your mind with some light yoga. For an enriching experience, diffuse calming oils like Stress Away or Sacred Sandalwood' to keep your worries at bay.
Read the full article from Young Living.
See more from Young Living.
SOURCE: 2018, May 30. Young Living. 12 essential oil tips for a relaxed pregnancy. Retrieved from https://www.youngliving.com/blog/12-essential-oil-tips-for-a-relaxed-pregnancy